Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'll Be Waiting

It was the summer
Before I turned fifteen
I was in wonder
Of why you pursued me
Didn't feel that I
Deserved your love
And now two years later I wonder
Why I gave you up

Walking away from you
Was one of my greatest mistakes
One that I would gladly take
Back if I could
Now you've moved on
She's the apple of your eye
I'm still wondering why

I did everything I could
To push you away
Because I thought you would
Not like the me beyond what you see
But now I know that I
Was telling myself a lie
And I'm still wondering why

Walking away from you
Was one of my greatest mistakes
One that I would gladly take
Back if I could
Now you've moved on
She's the apple of your eye
I'm still wondering why

One day she just up and stopped
Talking to you
You did all that you could do
Just to find out why
She's not the same girl
She used to be

Now I'm wondering why
She's still the apple of your eye
You sit around and wait for her
When she's moving on to someone new

So if you change your mind
And want to give us a try
I'll be waiting for you
To stop waiting for her

No comments: