Monday, November 5, 2007
Bad Day (not a reference to Daniel Powter)
Today has definately been "one of those days". Basically, a day of disappointment. Disappointed by friends and by adults I respected and admired. I have never so strongly desired to just shout GROW UP at the top of my lungs. I have never seen so much immaturity as I have witnessed today. Part of growing up is taking responsibility. Maybe its not entirely your fault, but you still messed up. Don't worry about the other person, take responsibility for yourself and your actions. Another part of growing up is, after admitting your mistake, apologizing and accepting your punishment with humility. Then, you move on and try to do better. I respect people who do this. Unfortunately, today I lost a lot of respect for adults and ellow students I looked up to. It was sad to see parents acting as immature as their children when they should be the adults in the situation. What kind of example are they setting? In the real world, you can't throw down everytime things don't go your way. It just doesn't work like that! Besides this, I had to sit back idly while someone I love was spoken to in an extremely undeserved and extremely disrespectful manner. I know I shouldn't be angry at these people, but it is hard not to be knowing they hurt someone I do love and respect. I pray that God will help me to love them and respect them despite current circumstances. As awful as today was, I do have faith that God will bring good out of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment