Thursday, October 4, 2007
Plans Change
Today has been one of those days. As high school is quickly closing in on me, The stresses of life after is beginning to set in. I know I still have another year and the rest of this one, but I swear it feels like last week was the first day of my Sophomore year, and yet, it is October of my Junior. Where does the time go? I have always been told that your Junior year is your hardest, but I could never have imagined this. The stressed impressed upon our lives at times seems immeasurable. Throughout my freshmen and sophomore year, I had planned on attending the University of Mobile after graduation and earning my degree in Psychology. After graduation I had planned on living in the Foley or Fairhope area and working as a teen and family counselor. However, during the spring of my Sophomore year I began to second guess these plans. I felt that God had different plans for me. I could feel God pulling me towards the Education field, but my stubborn self would not accept God's plans. It was also during my Sophomore year that I discovered my love for reading. It took some pushing, but after a teacher convinced me to read one of our novels for school, The Good Earth, I was hooked. It is now one of my greatest joys in life. In May, I was privileged to attend the Alabama HOBY seminar, although at first i considered it a burden. It was at HOBY that God confirmed His call for my life. I knew that I would major in Secondary Education and God would get me through. God would grow a desire for this in my heart and He did just that once I finally accepted His plan. The next thing I began to consider was what would I want to teach, what would I study? It was also at HOBY that a speaker would encourage me to study English and Literature. I knew it was a God thing, because this person didn't even know me, yet they felt God wanted them to tell me this. Could things be any plainer? Well once again I thought I had things figured out. Then our class was able to attend College Day. As I spoke with the representative from University of Moible, I realized my tuition was going to be astronomical, but I knew that wherever God wanted me, He would provide a way. As I walked around, for some reason I walked over to the Judson College table. I had skipped it already because I wasn't really interested in an all girls college, but for some reason I went back. After speaking with the woman I was informed that because of my ACT, my tuition, room and board, everything would be covered. I was speechless. Was this God's answer? Was this God telling me something? His way of providing? Honestly, I am still not sure. I am praying about it and will continue to do so for the next year, but I have a feeling my plans have changed. This isn't what I envisioned, but I trust God to reveal His plans in time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't it funny how God can change your plans when you are not looking. I remember a time when I was not looking and God changed my direction in life, and boy am I glad He did. I almost did not accept an invitation to go on a blind date with the mayor of Butler 15 years ago, because I had signed off on dating (the result of a really bad relationship) and was resigned to the fact that I was going to focus on my education. In walks JW and in just a few short months I am married and moving to Butler. And as they say, the rest is history. But sometimes we have the tendency to want to steer the car when we are supposed to be letting God lead us. But if we steer, then we may not cross paths with the very person who needs us at the crucial time that person needs us or vice versa. Do you feel the Carrie Underwood song coming on "Jesus take the wheel." Anyway---plans do change, but remember that they all work together for those who love the Lord.
Post a Comment